We’ll look at the greatest predator generator in this article, along with a thorough tutorial. Get started right away!
Predator generators are one of the most dependable power choices for both work and home. Predator has released a line of inverter generators that are ideal for a variety of outdoor activities, including camping. Some of the best Predator generators in the industry are featured in our comprehensive Predator review. So keep reading as we delve into everything Predator.
If you’re a first-time generator buyer with questions regarding Best Predator Generators, here’s a thorough evaluation and buying advice. The features we compared were engine capacity, generator type, peak, and running watts, fuel tank, and runtime. When all of these traits are united, you have a good generator.
When buying a generator, you should look for features like durability, extended runtime, and versatility, all of which are available with predator generators. These types are dependable and popular among homeowners who frequently travel or camp, so you’ll want to consider their portability.
We’ve put up this guide to help you. Following are some of the topics that will be discussed:
- Best Overall for Predator Generator
- Most High-Capacity Predator Generator
- Most Powerful Predator Generator
- Features of Predator Generator
- 9 Best Predator Generator Reviews In 2022
- Things to Consider When Buying Predator Generator
- Predator Generator Reviews
- Frequently Asked Questions about Predator Generator
Best Overall: Predator 9000 Generator
The 420 cc (13 hp) OHV 4-stroke gasoline engine lies at the heart of the Predator 9000. It has an operating wattage of 7250W and a peak wattage of 9000W with a 120/240V output. This generator can be started using a traditional pull-start mechanism or a practical and easy-to-use electric starter, with a noise level of 76 dBA (less noisy than a dishwasher) (battery not included). The 9000’s fuel capacity of 8 gallons allows it to run at 50% load for roughly 13 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.62 GPH).
You can tell if the oil levels are low right away thanks to an LED indicator.
With the built-in fuel gauge, the generator’s fuel level can be determined quickly, easily, and conveniently.
The generator has an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker) for further security when in use. Aside from the aforementioned features, the Predator 9000’s package contains the standard documentation and an owner’s manual(opens in a new tab), allowing you to get started straight away.
Most High-Capacity: Predator 3500
The Predator 3500 Inverter Generator is a high-capacity, powerful generator that’s perfect for RVing. It isn’t the quietest or lightest generator on the market, but it is far quieter than many competitors. When utilized at low loads, the sound may be hardly audible.
Any standard RV equipment, including your air conditioner, may be powered by the generator. The Predator 3500 is a fantastic generator for the money we would suggest to any RVer or camper.
If you wish to live off the grid for a while, the Predator 3500 is a good choice for a generator. It has enough power to keep your air conditioner, lights, refrigerator, and other appliances operating properly in your RV.
Even though it’s a strong generator, you need to total up the wattages of all the appliances you’ll be using at the same time to ensure that you’ll have enough power.
Most Powerful Predator Generator: Predator 8750
The Predator 8750’s L26.9 x W22 x H22.8 proportions and its open frame construction give stability and raise the generator above ground level. The generator is built to withstand the elements and can be used outside harsh conditions.
Even though the generator is theoretically ‘portable,’ lifting and transporting it by hand will be quite tough (in the sense that it is movable). As a result, you might consider purchasing a wheel kit for this generator, such as this one.
Features of Predator Generator
Several Power Plugs
This model includes two 120V 20A outlets, one 120V 20 twist-lock outlet, and one 240V 30A with the same locking technology. The generator’s various power outlets supply many electrical consumers without using an extension cable simultaneously.
The Gas Engine of the Predator
The generator’s heart is a Predator gas engine, which was built to withstand severe operation in a range of conditions. The Predator Horizontal Shaft Engine is suitable for performance modifications. The gas engine is supplied with a horizontal shaft that is ball-bearing mounted, making it a suitable replacement for most typical engine layouts.
The Feature of an Electric Start
While the generator comes with a coiled start mechanism, it also has an electric start system. The electric starter eliminates the need to pull a recoil cord. It’s as simple as turning the key and starting mowing. The rear-wheel-drive self-propelled system can mow more effectively since it provides ample traction for difficult terrain.
Breakers that are UL Listed
The generator has circuit breakers to ensure that your electrical consumers are always safe in the event of a power outage. When used with three poles linked in series, PowerPact H- and J-frame circuit breakers UL Listed for the interrupting ratings listed (series connection is external to circuit breaker). (For an example of a diagram, see the illustration.)
The generator can run continuously for 12 hours, making it perfect for powering a home during extended power outages or for running power equipment and heavy-duty machines on a big property where extension cords are impracticable.
Heavy, ultra-durable construction
The generator’s heavy, ultra-durable construction makes it highly resistant to physical harm and prolonged exposure to harsh weather.
9 Best Predator Generator Reviews In 2022
Here are some recommendations for the greatest predator generator reviews in 2022.
- Best Predator Generator, Predator 3500
- Best Predator Generator, Predator 4000 Watt 6.5HP Generator
- Best Predator Generator, Predator 6500 Watt Generator
- Best Predator Generator, Predator 8750 Watt Gas Powered Generator
- Best Predator Generator, Predator 11000/13500 Generator
- Best Predator Generator, Runner Up: 8750/7000W CARB Special
- Best Predator Generator, Predator 4000/3200 Generator
- Best Predator Generator, Predator 5500/6500 Generator
- Best Predator Generator, Predator 9000W
1. Best Predator Generator, Predator 9000W
|Output Power||7250 running watts and 9000 peak watts|
|Operating Time||13 hours|
|Starting Method||Electric Start|
The Predator generator series is one of the most popular portable generators on the market today, thanks to its versatility, affordability, and excellent performance. You can see what we have for all Predator Generator Reviews. Smaller types are suitable for tradespeople and travelers, while larger ones, such as the 9000-watt generator, are mostly used for backup power and run full homes. Aside from the Predator brand’s high performance and versatility, the generator series includes substantial improvements to the brand’s earlier models for improved safety and convenience.
Here’s a rundown of what this Predator 9000W Generator review will cover.
- First, we’ll go over the traits and benefits of men.
- Following that, we’ll go over some disadvantages that you might find beneficial.
- Then we’ll chat about Harbor Freight Tools for a while.
- Finally, we’ll show you a selection of independent and real consumer reviews to assist you in learning more about the product.
Features and Benefits of Predator 9000W
- Power supply performance that is consistent
- For quiet operation, the sturdy structure comprises a steel frame.
- With modern engine technology, the efficient power supply uses less fuel.
- It is lightweight, weighing less than 200 pounds, and is easy to transport.
- EPA-approved and CARB-compliant.
- 26.9 x 22 x 22.75 inch compact proportions.
- Engine protection includes a low oil indication and a low oil shutdown.
- There are multiple outlets for a variety of uses.
- Circuit breakers that are listed by the Underwriters Laboratories (UL) for better user safety.
- For great performance, a 420cc OHV air-cooled engine is used.
- It has a basic, user-friendly interface that makes it easy to use.
- The Predator 9000 has both an electric and a pull start for added convenience.
- An 8-gallon gas tank ensures a constant supply of electricity.
- At 50% fuel capacity, the runtime is increased to up to 13 hours.
PROS AND CONS
- Pull Start or Electric Start and Recoilbackup: We find the pull start quite reliable because the machine can start with just one pull. For individuals who like to operate the device automatically, the electric start is a great alternative and convenience.
- It has a 420cc OHV air-cooled engine that produces 13 horsepower, which is enough to run many appliances and power the entire house. The powerful engine delivers constant power for outstanding performance across various applications.
- Big Fuel Tank: The 9000W generator has a large fuel tank to run for several hours without interruption. A gas fuel tank of 8 gallons is included. As a result, the device is great for power outages, outdoor recreation, and powering the entire house. Thanks to the huge fuel tank, you may expect a longer runtime without refueling.
- Longer Runtime: At 50 percent fuel capacity, the Predator 9000W unit can run for up to 13 hours. As a result, it outperforms rival portable generators from other manufacturers. The 9000W variant may be used for a wide range of applications due to its long runtime.
- The 9000W generator has an open-frame design that provides exceptional stability and support, lifting it securely off the ground. It also has a strong build that makes it ideal for usage in demanding outdoor and severe conditions. Furthermore, the unit is meant to be mounted on a wheel kit (sold separately), making it easier to move around.
- Durable: The 9000 watts model has a solid build that will last you a long time. It also has a steel frame that safeguards internal components from damage.
- Energy-Efficient: Despite providing good power, the engine is equipped with a sophisticated engine that uses less fuel than units of equal capacity. The generator has a starting power of 9000 watts and a running wattage of 8750 watts.
- Predator 9000 Generator is More Difficult to Find Online: The Predator 9000 generator is more difficult to find online than lesser Predator generators. Fortunately, it’s also available for purchase at Harbor Freight locations.
- Another disadvantage of this generator is that it is very heavy, which is not surprising since it can produce 7500 watts of continuous power. Other brands’ units may perform better in one area, but the truth is that they fall short in other crucial areas.
- Predator’s 9000W model is relatively heavy compared to other portable generators; hence a wheel kit is not included. As a result, getting it about without a wheel kit can be difficult. The wheel is not included in the bundle, but it is purchased separately.
- Relatively Noisy: The 9000W generator is noisy, emitting 76 dBA of noise, which may be too much for quiet environments. However, it is quieter than other generators of the same operational wattage and power from other companies.
2. Best Predator Generator, Predator 3500
|Output Power||Starting: 3500 Watts / Running: 3000 watts|
|Operating Time||11 hours / 25% Start|
Because the Predator 3500 produces a clear power curve, you won’t have to worry about using it to power sensitive electrical items like laptops and phones. The Predator provides electrical overload protection, which is critical in protecting your divides from damage caused by too much power at once.
It will be a significant selling factor for anyone searching for a dependable power solution for their RV, whether they use it occasionally or regularly.
Overall, the Predator 3500 performs well. With an actual operational power of 3000 Watts rather than the 3000 Watt start-up of many similar models, the Predator has the advantage and will allow you to run more appliances without having to unplug others.
PROS AND CONS
- Powerful – can run an RV for up to 11 hours on a single charge.
- You can monitor the output, fuel, and sensors on the LCD panel.
- Very quiet – with only 57 decibels, you won’t even notice it’s on.
- The problem with the wheels is that they are flimsy, making it difficult to transport.
- The lack of a remote start makes starting this generator a little more difficult.
3. Best Predator Generator, Predator 4000 Watt 6.5HP Generator
|Output Power||Starting: 4000 Watts / Running: 3200 Watts|
|Operating Time||10 hours / 50% Load|
|Starting Method||Recoil Pull Start|
For the price, this artwork is a bargain. Normally, you wouldn’t get this much power for this low price, let alone from a Predator brand.
It sports a 212cc recoil start engine with 6.5 horsepower. The generator can produce a steady flow of 3200 watts and a peak wattage of 4000 watts with this amount of power, making it suitable for personal and commercial use. At 50% capacity, it can run for 10 hours.
The unit runs on gas, while a 10% ethanol blend is OK but not E85. You’ll need unleaded gasoline with an octane rating of 87+. The oil should be checked every eight hours, according to the manufacturer.
Greater receptacles equal more power. That’s why there are six of them on the control panel of this piece. Along with the breaker, there is a 12 volt DC receptacle. Four 120-volt three-prong outlets rated at 20 amps and a 240-volt four-prong twist-lock outlet rated at 30 amps are available for AC. Breakers are included with each of these.
PROS AND CONS
- Powerful engine
- Good runtime
- Versatile GFCI receptacles
- EPA certified
- Wheel kit
- No eco mode.
- Recoil handle housing is not so good looking.
- Wrong positioning of the oil gauge.
4. Best Predator Generator, Predator 6500 Watt Generator
|Output Power||Starting: 6500 watts / Running: 5500 Watts|
|Operating Time||12 hours / 50% Load|
|Starting Method||Recoil Pull Start|
It is one of the greatest Predator items available. It’s as tough as they come. This heavy-duty generator is made entirely of steel and weighs about 165 pounds. However, if you want this kind of strength, you’ll have to put on some weight. On the other hand, a full-wheel kit transforms this into a portable powerhouse.
It’s a gas engine with a displacement of 420cc. This engine is one of the greatest recoil starters available. When this engine is running, it can generate 5500 watts, and when it is at its max, it can generate 6500 watts.
It features a panel on the side, like other generators. Four 120 volt duplex outlets with three prongs each, a single 240-volt twist-lock outlet with four prongs, and a 120 volt DC outlet are included. It is the maximum amount of money you can obtain from any generator. All of these receptacles are fitted with GFCI circuits for additional safety.
PROS AND CONS
- Low oil shutdown system
- Great run time
- EPA certified
- UL listed circuit breakers
- GFCI breakers
- Won’t work for medium and larger camper
5. Best Predator Generator, Predator 8750 Watt Gas Powered Generator
|Output Power||7000W and reaches it maximum power of 8750W|
|Operating Time||Up to 12 hours|
|Starting Method||Electric / Recoil Pull Start|
Predator’s 8750 portable generator is one of the best and most powerful models available. Unlike many other units of similar capacity, I built this one with substantial demands in mind. Users of the 8750 will complete jobs that require a lot of power with ease. Best of all, the Predator 8750 has been proven to be one of the most reliable and effective backup sources during a power outage.
Despite its high efficiency, we wouldn’t recommend this machine to anyone who wants to reduce noise pollution. In the case of contractors, though, there isn’t a problem at all. Without considering the noise, this generator provides excellent performance and is well worth considering if you have a lot of demands.
Along with the loudness, the big weight is a minor drawback, as most people are interested in the generator’s portability. On this one, though, clients seem to value the benefits over the drawbacks. As a result, Predator 8750 is reliable and completely trustworthy.
PROS AND CONS
- The engine is powerful
- The runtime is exceptional
- Large tank for fuel
6. Best Predator Generator, Predator 11000/13500 Generator
|Output Power||11,000 running watts with a peak of 13,500 watts|
|Operating Time||13 hours|
|Starting Method||Electric Starter|
Given that this unit has 11,000 operating watts and a peak of 13,500 watts, it’s no surprise that it’s the best backup power source to put on standby at home. This generator is more than capable of running any household device, including air conditioners and other high-energy units.
Despite its tremendous power and size, this generator is surprisingly portable; there’s a convenient foldable handle attached to the generator’s frame that makes moving it a breeze. It also works softly, making it a one-of-a-kind model; when running, it emits only 78 dB, making it only slightly louder than your washing machine.
Furthermore, this is one of the safest generators available. The generator’s low oil shutdown feature, which allows it to shut down automatically when the oil level drops below a certain level, saves the motor from burning.
PROS AND CONS
- It is equipped with electrical overload protection.
- It comes with a number of power outlets.
- For simple transport, it comes with a wheel kit and a lifting hook.
- With a weight of 375 pounds, it’s a big and large generator.
7. Best Predator Generator, Runner Up: 8750/7000W CARB Special
|Output Power||8750 starting watts and a powerful 7000W running wattage|
|Operating Time||2 hour run-time at 50% load|
|Starting Method||Gas powered|
|Weight||193.6 pounds weight|
This Predator CARB Special can be described as a beast. With a starting capacity of 8750 watts and a running power of 7000 watts, this generator is capable of powering huge areas of your home, heavy-duty appliances, or larger, power-hungry gadgets.
This enormous gasoline generator comes with an equally large fuel tank, allowing it to run at half load for up to 12 hours. Thanks to the electric start and recoil backup, you can start this guy easily—the battery is not included with the purchase. There is no digital display here, but the low oil indication and oil shutdown lights keep you informed.
PROS AND CONS
- Easy to start – This generator is easy to start thanks to the electric start, but even the pull rope recoil start is simpler than some other generators on the market.
- This power generator has nearly enough electricity to power your entire home. A transfer switch can also be used to connect it to the circuit breaker.
- You may run this generator on gasoline, LP, or natural gas with the help of a conversion switch (not supplied).
- Size – Weighing approximately 200 pounds, this device will take at least two persons to move and does not have wheels.
- Price – It’s true that similar generators may be found for less money.
8. Best Predator Generator, Predator 4000/3200 Generator
|Output Power||4000 peak/3200 running watts|
|Operating Time||12 hours|
|Starting Method||Electric Start|
The Predator HF 4000 Peak Generator is at the top of my list, and it will make your life a lot easier. With a wattage rating of 4000 peak/3200 operating watts, it can run for up to ten hours, which is more than enough to keep you powered up in the event of a power outage or when camping overnight.
This generator is also EPA III approved, which implies it can provide enough electricity at any time. It can run many household appliances simultaneously, such as the refrigerator and television. It can even power a heater, so you don’t have to worry about staying warm if the electricity goes out during the winter.
Even though it is lightweight, weighing only 99 pounds, this generator is not as portable as you might want it to be. You may buy a wheel kit and a handle separately for convenient transport if you desire.
PROS AND CONS
- There’s an indicator that tells you how much oil you have.
- It also has a low-oil shut-off feature.
- It’s simple to use.
- It includes a variety of outlets.
- With a sound level of 70 dB, it is louder than other generators.
9. Best Predator Generator, Predator 5500/6500 Generator
|Output Power||6500 peak/5500 running watts|
|Operating Time||14.5 hours, as long as it is being operated at 50% load capacity.|
|Starting Method||Electric Start|
CLICK PRICE HERE!
Even though this generator is not the most powerful, it is the most popular. However, don’t get me wrong: this generator is excellent for general use. It’s already more than adequate for numerous events in your daily life, with a wattage rating of 6500 peak/5500 running watts.
Like the other Predator Generators, it has a low oil indication that warns you when the oil level drops below its nominal value, as well as a low oil shutdown system that allows it to shut down automatically to prevent damage.
Another great aspect of this generator is its long-lasting construction; it is encased in a heavy-duty 1.25-inch steel roll, but it is still portable thanks to its adjustable steel handles. But that’s not all; this generator set also comes with a Predator wheel kit, making it simple to maneuver.
PROS AND CONS
- It’s simple to use and maintain.
- The control panel is simple to use.
- On this list, it has the longest run time.
- It comes with a number of outlets.
- Some customers believe that the power output is insufficient.
Things to Consider When Buying Predator Generator
Here are a few things to think about while selecting your new Predator generator.
Power Output (Wattage)
When purchasing a Predator generator, the wattage rating is the most important element to consider. Each generator has two separate wattage ratings, which you will notice. One of these is the maximum output power that the generator can deliver, often known as the beginning watts.
That indicates the generator can provide that amount of power if necessary, but it won’t do so continuously. Many electronic items, in general, demand a large amount of electricity when they first turn on. However, they normally consume less power from the outlet after a while.
On the other hand, the continuous wattage rating implies that the generator can consistently supply that power level, also known as running watts. In other words, you should get a generator that can produce the whole electricity (wattage) that your appliances require.
The Construction Quality
Generators are often regarded as one of the most important and necessary items contractors and homeowners will ever require. They will never fail in an emergency because of their nature. When it comes to generators, not only should they be made by renowned companies, but they should also have a dependable engine with replacement parts if necessary.
Predator generators are often lauded for being the most popular choice among consumers due to the exceptional level of quality that comes with them. Users praise them for being completely dependable and efficient.
The Levels of Noise
While no one likes the sound of generators running all day, some are quieter than others. As a result, the total noise levels are extremely important while selecting a portable. Popular and quiet options are available for individuals searching for something reliable for an RV park or a campsite.
Inverter generators are usually quieter than open-frame portable generators, although they create a lot of noise. Another significant benefit for those who invest in that inverter generators produces a clean sine wave. As a result, using it as a power source for delicate electronics is even safer. Users may charge their phones and computers without paying for a line conditioner.
Predator 2000 is currently one of the most popular inverter models on the market. It’s also worth noting that not all generators of this capacity can simultaneously power multiple large appliances. It simply means that consumers should buy huge devices with a power rating of roughly 5000 watts. A generator with this capacity can easily power homes and provide power to building sites.
The Time It Takes For A Generator To Run
While all generator engines are built differently, some use less fuel while providing a longer runtime. When looking for a generator, it’s best to go for one that can run for extended periods. On a 50 percent load, Predator offers important information about and for each.
However, it should note that the run times may differ from the manufacturer’s claims in some circumstances. The load and other variables usually determine it. Generators perform better and more effectively when they are properly maintained. Damage and deterioration can occur, much as they can with a car engine, resulting in reduced runtime.
What Does A Generator Cost?
While it’s important to remember that generators don’t have to be expensive, being a Cheap Charlie won’t cut it, and consumers risk dealing with a malfunctioning generator. However, it is recommended that you not spend a lot of money on a generator that you will use only a few times. The price isn’t set in stone and changes depending on the manufacturer.
A generator’s price is also heavily influenced by its design, power, and size. Inverter generators are known to be a little more expensive than conventional generators, but they can be considered an investment. Compared to other brands, the Predator brand is less expensive yet performs even better.
Predator Generator Reviews
What Appliances Can a Generator Power?
A generator can power any gadget. You should, however, double-check that your generator can produce the full wattage required for all of the items you’ll be using. A generator can power TVs, laptops, freezers, air conditioners, lights, fans, and other modern items.
If you’re planning to utilize a generator to power sensitive equipment like speakers or antique TVs, you should choose a pure sine wave inverter generator. On the other hand, generators without inverter technology can be used.
The Benefits and Drawbacks of Using a Generator
First and foremost, you know that the greatest benefit of having a generator is that you will never be without power. You can use the generator as a backup power source, for example, if there are any power outages in your region. A generator can also be useful on construction sites where power tools are required.
On top of that, generators are commonly employed as a power source on campgrounds. Surprisingly, a generator may be very useful for campers or outdoor enthusiasts who need to power all of their electronic equipment while on the go.
A portable generator could also be an excellent addition to recreational vehicles like RVs. In summary, a generator can be a lifesaver in an emergency or in areas where energy is unavailable.
On the other hand, running a generator is more expensive than regular electricity bills, and most generators spew pollutants into the atmosphere. Because some generators are not user-friendly, you may require expert assistance to set them up. After all, the benefits of using a generator exceed the disadvantages.
What kind of generator is a predator generator?
The predator generator comes with excellent all-terrain wheels and dual fold-down handles. The Predator 8750’s 420cc OHV predator engine is nearly identical to the Honda GX390. The predator engine has a somewhat larger capacity than the original Honda engine, 390cc.
Is it true that predator generators are effective?
Predator generators aren’t perfect, but they’re close. They are extremely dependable and powerful while also being reasonably priced. Then there’s the fact that their new design makes them more eco-friendly than earlier models. Before you buy, take a look at this brand.
Is it safe to use Predator generators with laptops and cell phones?
All inverter generators are safe to use with sensitive electronics of any kind. To use traditional generators, you’ll need a DC outlet with 12 volts, which some generators feature. When using traditional generators, you must exercise extreme caution.
What are the most serious flaws with the Predator brand?
The design of the oil gate, which is positioned under the engine in some generators, is the worst aspect of the device. You won’t be able to reach it even with a long funnel.
Is it a problem if the Predator generator produces smoke?
It’s most likely not because Predator generators produce more smoke than other generators. Although you shouldn’t see much smoke at higher chokes. However, you should contact your distributor if you see high quantities of smoke or black smoke.
What do I need to get a predator generator up and running?
The maker of the Predator advises using SAE 10w-30 oil, which is suitable for temperatures of 32 degrees and higher for everyday use. SAE 5w-30 is recommended for chilly temperatures. You’ll need a funnel to add oil to the generator because it’s easier to pour. What Cables Will I Require? To ensure that your Predator is properly grounded, you’ll need a grounding cable.
On propane, how long can a predator generator run?
The wheels and handle are not included with the Predator model, and the Durostar unit can only run for 10 hours at 50% load.
Is it necessary to change the oil in my predator generator regularly?
Experts recommend changing the oil in your generator after every 100 hours, especially if you use it every day or for a lengthy amount of time. Allow the generator to cool down before doing the oil change for safety’s sake.
Why is it that the predator generator keeps shutting down?
Your generator may shut down if the oil level is too low. A widespread myth is that if the oil level in your generator is too low, it will not start. Newer generator types, such as the ‘Generac,’ contain a “low oil shutoff sensor” that automatically shuts off the generator when the oil level is low.
When power is restored, will predator generators turn off?
The generator system senses a power outage right away and waits for the power to come back on for a few seconds. Everything happens in a matter of seconds when the electricity goes off. The mechanism reconnects the utility lines and turns off the generator once the utility power is restored.
Predator generators are top-of-the-line devices. It’s impossible to go wrong with them, because each one has a certain purpose. We hope that after reading this post, you will be able to find the ideal predator for your needs.
Visit the finest generator reviews in 2022 to learn more about different types of generators.